Your friends will be jealous of your detox food with this unique pomegranate seed salad, tangy and refreshing.
The health benefits of pomegranate for heart, circulation and skin are well known. But pomegranate are also excellent for menopausal symptoms (like vaginal dryness -ssssh) due to their phytoestrogen quotient.
In fact all seeds are super foods, the very stuff that life is grown from.
Ingredients for pomegranate seed salad:
- 1 whole pomegranate, de-seeded (it’s the seeds you actually eat)
- 1 Sprig fresh mint leaves, pulled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 cumin seeds
- 1 boiled beet, sliced (optional)
- 1 T pine nuts
Tangy lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 generous pinch of mustard powder
- 1 generous pinch of Maldon sea salt flakes, or best substitute
- Dash of white pepper
Whisk all ingredients together
Directions for Pomegranate Seed Salad:
Lightly toast mustard and cumin seeds in a dry pan. Toss all items together in a bowl. Dress. Enjoy!
This recipe and more are found in Eating for Meaning Guide to Detox by Dr. Millie Lytle, ND, available as a free gift on milliesays.com