- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (let sit 10 minutes before cooking)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped into medium slices
- 1 zucchini, cut in slices
- 1-10.8 oz bag of frozen green beans (you can use fresh if you want)
- 1-8 oz cup of herbal tea (anise, fennel, dill seed or water)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for two minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on the pot but slightly tilted so that air can still escape stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm as a side dish or over rice.
You can add whatever vegetables you like to this dish! Other ideas: yellow squash, cauliflower, broccoli, turnips.