This delicious, healthy and allergy-free recipe for quinoa stuffed acorn squash is free of gluten and all the other top allergens commonly found in food products. Here’s how to make it! This recipes serves 6 guests, or 3 as a main course.
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halves and seeded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 cups (475 mL) quinoa, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives, finely diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Pour water onto sheet, and cover with tin foil. Bake squash 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven.
- Cook quinoa (follow package instructions); place in medium-sized bowl.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add bell pepper, zucchini, onion and chives. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 4-6 minutes.
- Add vegetables to cooked quinoa. Spoon mixture into cooked squash halves.
- Return stuffed squash to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and serve.