About Dr. Millie
Mind body soul medicine
Millennia Ruth Lytle, affectionately known as Dr. Millie, is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Certified Nutrition Specialist with a special interest in empowering you to dig deeper in your pursuit of health. She fills gaps of care with Naturopathic Medicine, custom-made nutrition programs and body mind soul exploration. Dr. Millie is a member of Tournesol Wellness’ Primary Care Team and works in tandem with the medical team to expand primary care in New York. She is a board member of the New York Metro Local, incorporating science-based Nutrametrix supplementation and functional testing into her programs. With a primarily plant-based diet, and daily stress-relief practices, she has a goal of living until 120 years old and invites you on her journey.
Dr. Millie’s modalities are
- Functional, whole foods and clinical nutrition
- Herbal Medicine and supplementation
- Classical homeopathy
- Lifestyle and mind-body medicine
- Epigenetics and nutrigenomics
- Ericksonian hypnotherapy certified by NLP Canada
- Past Life Regression Therapy (was taught by Dr. Brian Weiss MD)
- HeartMath Meditation
- Intuitive and spiritual approaches
Dr. Millie holds an undergraduate degree in women’s health (sociology) from the University of Toronto and a four-year doctorate diploma from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2002). She is trained in cognitive behavioral therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy. In 2008, Dr. Millie received a scholarship from the Robert Bosch Foundation to study Complementary and Alternative Research Methodologies in Potsdam. Following this she went on to complete an International Master’s in Public Health in Hamburg, Germany. In 2013 she earned of Certified as a Nutrition Specialist with the BCNS.
Dr. Millie is a published researcher, experienced radio host and author. She is the founder of Eating for MeaningTM, a unique nutrition program to transform your relationship to food. She is an occasional faculty member at the New York Open Center. D
Dr. Millie consults for corporate and research and development. Clients in the past have been Idea Couture for Pepsi Co, Cavu Ventures and the University of Copenhagen. She is a licensed ND with the District of Columbia, a licensed nutrition specialist with the BCNS and a member of the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians (NYANP).
Dr. Millie is the author, founder and thought leader behind Eating for Meaning, a program that promotes a paradigm shift toward therapeutic, individual nutrition, and away from fad diets. Finally, her passion to educate expands into peer to peer education. She is co-founder of Nat Med Coach, offering concierge health and Virtual Health Club with Naturopathic Doctors and Health Coaches. She is an instructor and sits on the Medical Advisory Board for the School of Applied Functional Medicine.
Dr. Millie helps creative women address chronic pain, autoimmune disease and a series of health concerns that result from imbalances, as far as they can be corrected and adjusted through mind-body-soul, nutrition and natural means. The mind-body-soul is one being, and ill health in one area impacts other areas of the body. Naturopathic medicine focuses on root cause resolution, prevention and symptoms reversals related to:
- The Standard American Diet - factory farmed plants and animals
- Hormones and menopause
- Metabolism, weight gain, blood Sugar and cholesterol
- Blood pressure and electrolytes
- Digestion, leaky gut and detox
- Cellular and organ heath
- HPV and sexual health
- Chronic fatigue, Energy and mitochondrial dysfunction
- Stress and endocrine System
- Anxiety and depression
- Sleep and circadian rhythm
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Cancer and complementary care
- Functional testing and nutrigenomics
– Founder www.NatMedCoach.com – Licensed by the District of Columbia Department of Health – Number NP-0057
– Certified by the Board of Certified Nutrition Specialists – Certification number 16383
– Advisory Board for the School of Applied Functional Medicine
– Advisory Board for BeatCancer.org
– New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians – NYANP Professional Member
– NPLEX Clinical Science Examinations Writing Team - 2015-2016
– Graduate of the University of Hamburg of Applied Sciences, Germany (MPH), 2010 – Co-founder of the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors (APND), 2002-2006 – Graduate of The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (ND), 2002
– Graduate of the University of Toronto (Sociology and preMed), 1998
Dr. Millie plays for the UN Global Goals team Starstrikers, who won the Attitude Award at the 2017 World Cup in New York. The team plays for Sustainable Development Goal #5 - Women's Equality, and Dr. Millie is continually playing for SDG Goal #3 Health and Population to “ensure healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages”.
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
•B Khamba, M Aucoin, M Lytle, …M Katzman. Efficacy of Acupuncture Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction Secondary to Antidepressants. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Volume: 19 Issue 11: November 19, 2013.
•D Hollenberg, M Lytle, R Walji, K Cooley. Provider Shortage in Underserviced Areas: The role of traditional, complementary and alternative medicine (TCAM) providers in Canadian rural healthcare. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. Volume 5, Issue 1: February 2013, Pages 15-26.
•Eating for Meaning Workbook. CreateSpace, An Amazon Company. 2014.
•Eating for Meaning Guide to Detox. CreateSpace, An Amazon Company. 2014.
•7 Signs That Show Your Detox Routine Is Actually Working. https://www.curejoy.com/content/signs-that-show-detox-is-working/
•A New Way To Detox: Eat To Support 6 Organs Of Elimination. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-27004/a-new-way-to-detox-eat-to-support-6-organs-of-elimination.html
•6 Meditations for Personal Transformation. https://www.rewireme.com/wellness/6-meditations-personal-transformation/
•Anti-Aging is More Than Vanity: The Epigenetics and Nutrigenomics Basis for Living 120 years. http://ndnr.com/anti-aging/anti-aging-is-more-than-vanity/
•The food for mood diet: a literature review, highlight of principles, and initial study design. http://ndnr.com/botanical-medicine/the-food-for-mood-diet/
•6 Reasons You are Frustrated with Food. https://www.opencenter.org/6-reasons-you-are-frustrated-with-food/
•From Leaky Gut to Normal Gut Function. https://www.opencenter.org/from-leaky-gut-to-normal-gut-function/
•Fight Alzheimer’s Disease with These Brain-Boosting Nutrients. https://www.opencenter.org/fight-alzheimers-disease-with-these-brain-boosting-nutrients/
•A Timeline of Your Body After One Can of Coca Cola. https://www.opencenter.org/a-timeline-of-your-body-after-one-can-of-coca-cola/
•Healthy Recipe: Chia Pudding. https://www.opencenter.org/healthy-recipe-chia-pudding/
•13 Common (but Hidden) Symptoms of Food Sensitivities. https://www.opencenter.org/13-common-but-hidden-symptoms-of-food-sensitivites/
•The Science behind a Gluten-Free Diet: Is Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) Evidence-Based Medicine? https://www.invitehealth.com/article-non-celiac-gluten-sensitivity.html
•Nutrition and Fibromyalgia. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-nutrition-and-fibromyalgia.html
•Obesogens and Liver Detox. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-obesogens-and-liver-detox.html
•Electrolytes for Muscle Recovery. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-electrolytes-for-muscle-recovery.html
•Human Papilloma Virus: Why Clinical Nutrition is Imperative. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-HPV-and-clinical-nutrition.html
• Stress, Cortisol and The Food for Mood Diet. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-stress-cortisol-food-for-mood-diet.html
• Last Year’s Most Overlooked Nutrient is poised to Win Vitamin of the Year in 2014. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-2014-vitamin-of-the-year.html
•Unclaimed Antioxidants: How Superfoods and their Nutrients Heal Us. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-antioxidants-superfoods-nutrients-millie-lytle.html
•Osteoporosis; More than Calcium Deficiency. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-osteoporosis-more-than-calcium-deficiency.html
•Iatrogenesis: When getting sick comes from your cholesterol medications. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-iatrogenesis.html
•Demulcents and Mucilages: True Digestive Healers. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-demulcents-and-mucilages-true-healers.html
•The Nutritional Role of Cancer Prevention Through Epigenetics. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-epigenetics.html
• Longevity Syndrome: A Condition You Want. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-longevity-syndrome.html
• The Histamine Connection: Food and Environmental Allergies. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-food-and-environmental-allergies.html
•The Power of Tea. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-the-power-of-tea.html
•Body pH: Acid-base Balance and Alkaline diet. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-body-ph-acid-base-balance-and-alkaline-diet.html
•Nutrigenomics for Prostate Health. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-nutrigenomic-prostate-dr-millie-lytle.html
•The Wonders of Flaxseeds. https://www.invitehealth.com/article-flax-seed-dr-millie.html
• Green Drinks for Maximum Nutrition. https://www.invitehealth.com/ARTICLE-green-drinks-for-maximum-nutrition.html
PEER REVIEWED POSTERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2012. Community Health Networking-Works! Fireside Chats. Addressing Provider Shortage in Underserviced Areas: The role of traditional, complementary and alternative medicine (TCAM) providers in Canadian rural healthcare. Hollenberg D & Lytle M.
- 2011. The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) presents Health Fusion. June 24-26, 2011. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Integration in Public Health Care: A Grounded Theory Approach to Evidence and Issues of Naturopathic Doctor Presence in Community Health Centers in Toronto, Canada. Lytle M. Calgary Alberta (Canada) found at www.cand.ca/fileadmin/cand/Health_Fusion/HF11/HF11_pres.zip
- 2010. Infectious Disease Epidemiology: Human Papilloma Virus and its Relevance for Public Health-presenting the evidence. Emenyi L, Lytle M, Martens J, Van Lant J, Wehkamp K. From the Faculty of Life Science, Department of Health Science, The University of Hamburg of Applied Sciences, Lohbruegger Kirchestrasse 65, 21033 Hamburg (Germany).
- 2009. Public Health Action Cycle: Simulated WHO Consult to Develop a Coordinated Lifestyle Strategy for the Prevention of HPV-related Conditions. Lytle M. From the Faculty of Life Science, Department of Health Science, The University of Hamburg of Applied Sciences, Lohbruegger Kirchestrasse 65, 21033 Hamburg (Germany).
- 2009 Public Information Series: Orthomolecular Medicine & Mental Health. February 8. The Food for Mood Diet. Lytle M. Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE). Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
- 2009 Canadian Psychiatry Association (CPA) 59th Annual Conference. August 25-27. The Efficacy of Adjunct Acupuncture Treatment in Secondary Sexual Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Lytle M, et al. St. John's Newfoundland (Canada).
- 2008 Social Phobia Support Group of Ontario. May 7. Influence of Diet on Social Phobia; presentation of research. Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAM-H). Lytle, M. Toronto Ontario (Canada).
- 2009 Anxiety Disorders of America Association (ADAA) Annual Conference. Anxiety and Health: Translating Research into Practice. March 12-15. Efficacy of Adjunct Acupuncture Treatment in Secondary Sexual Dysfunctioning. Lytle M, et al. Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico (USA).
- 2008 1st International Conference on Integrative, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (ICAM) and Mental Health, May 23-25. Efficacy of Acupuncture Treatment in Secondary Sexual Dysfunctioning. Lytle M, et al. Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
- 2002 HANP Homeopathic Case Conference ~ 15th Annual. Cured Cases in Women’s Health. May 2002. Case Study and Presentation of Magnesium Phosphoricum; student presentations. Lytle M. Homeopathic Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Tukwila, Washington, USA.
Our Team Starstrikers pose at UN Global Goals World Cup - with UN Ambassador Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
At Work Presenting the Product Presentation for NYC Local Council of Market America
On Vacay in Piemonte, Italy