I call these Home-made Cliff Bars – they are raw, sugar and flour free – their official title is Raw CoCoa Cookies.
By sneaking spirulina and raw cocoa into your baking, dessert isn’t a health concern. The quality of the food you eat all depends on the quality of the ingredients. Cocoa is bitter and detoxifies the liver and heart. Spirulina is a seagreen, increasing glutathione and cooling the liver. Fruit and fiber eliminate detoxification entities. This recipe is also packed with protein, and would be considered a healthy snack, though not low in calories. Also it’s a no-bake recipe, so perfect to make during a heat wave.
❏ 1 cuporganic raw almonds/Brazil nuts
❏ 2 heaping tablespoons raw cocoa powder
❏ 1 cup organic dates, soaked (keep 34 Tbs. of the water you soaked the dates in)
❏ 2 tablespoonsof shredded coconut into the mixture (have 2-3 tablespoons for rolling)
❏ ¼ cup dried apricots
❏ 1 tablespoonorganic spirulina
❏ ¼cup pistachio nuts
❏ 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (or other sea salt varieties)
❏ ¼cup organic raw almond/pumpkin seed butter
❏ 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
❏ 2 tablespoon psyllium seed powder
● Combine all the nuts and seeds in a food processor or high speed blender to pulse until broken down (you can choose to leave some chunks or pulse until fine).
● Pour the processed almonds, pistachios, and flax seed into a large mixing bowl.
● In a high speed blender or food processor, combine softened dates and apricots.
● Add the nut/seed mixture with the dates/apricots into the blender.
● Combine until the mixture resembles a sticky, thick “batter”.
● Place the combined mixture into a large mixing bowl and fold the remaining ingredients manually (that’s right, get those hands messy…really messy!)
● Place the “batter” into the freezer for about 10 minutes or until cooled.
● Take a Tbs. or a small icecream scooper to measure the batter.
● Gently roll the Tbs. of “batter” into your hands until a small ball forms.
● Leave them as balls or use a fork to press them down.
● Once you have formed all the “batter” into small balls, you may roll them into the 23 Tbs. of shredded coconut (this is optional)
● Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days OR you may keep them in the freezer and grab and go for a quick snack.
Serves: 24 cookies