Check out a delicious, healthy recipe for curried butternut squash soup. Free of common food allergens like gluten! Here’s how to make it.
- 2 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, washed, diced
- 1sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1½ to 2 tbsp curry paste [Look for allergen-free, g-f brand]
- 5 cups (1.2 L) chicken or vegetable stock [Allergen-free, g-f brand]
- 1½ cups (350 mL) apple juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 20 leaves of fresh sage
- Heat oven to 375° F. Lay squash halves onto a baking sheet, cut side down. Cook for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leek, onion and garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add curry paste and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Scoop out squash flesh, add to soup pot, along with stock and apple juice. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer 20-25 minutes.
- In batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings if needed.